What is JIBA?
JIBA is a Chamber of Commerce to encourage
business relationship amongst our community members.
To pool the resources and promote bilateral trade at
local and international levels.
What are the Objectives of
Some of the main objectives
for which JIBA has been formed are :
- To organize, promote, extend and otherwise support
business related activities of its members at the
local and international levels throughout the world.
- To promote joint venture and in vestments in various
parts of the world.
- To foster better business understanding amongst
its members by way of encouraging bilateral trade
relationship amongst the members of JIBA chapter
at regional and/or international levels.
- To promote,, float and/or encourage establishment
of group buying schemes for the benefit of its members.
- To collect, evaluate and disseminate amongst its
members information concerning trade, commerce or
other matters of interest to them.
- To assist, guide and provide services and/or facilities
by providing synopsis and/or feasibility reports
and informations related to existing business opportunities
and giving all necessary support and cooperation
required for establishment and/or procurement of
- To advise and assist members in establishing business(es)
in any part of the country and the world in the
light of the laws and regulations of the respective
- To prompt, induce and encourage members to carry
out trade with each other and patronize the professionals
from the amongst JIBA members at local and international
- To provide guidelines to visiting businessmen
- To organize trade fairs and exhibitions.
- To represent, express and give effect to views
and opinions of JIBA chapters and their members
engaged in trade, commerce, industry and professions
on all matters affecting their interests at international,
national, regional and/or local government levels.
- To do all that is humanly possible to promote
and/or boost the interest of its members.
- To undertake in as far as possible, by arbitration,
the settlement of disputes arising out of trading,
commercial or industrial transactions as and when
required by its members.
- To advise/assist the formation of business in
the form of sole proprietorship, partnership, private
and/or public limited companies individually or
by way of joint ventures without actively getting
involved directly or indirectly or taking financial
- To encourage friendly feeling amongst its members
and to secure harmony in and uniformity of action
of all members in dealing with problems and matters
related to business, commerce, industry, profession
and trade at local and/or international levels.
- To secure co-ordinated efforts of the members
in finding ways and means to improve business, commerce,
industry, profession and trade of the members.
- To mobilize individuals to pool their resource
in the form of finance, know-how, expertise, contacts,
etc. to prompt and encourage individuals to establish
business(es) and/or industrial ventures on individual
and/or collective basis.
- To collect, compile and circulate statistics and
other information related to business, commerce,
industry, profession and trade to facilitate dealing
with issues of vital importance connected thereto
including publication of trade directories etc.
- To organize workshops and seminars for the benefit
WHY JOIN JIBA?
been able to provide platform at both local and international
levels whereby businessmen, industrialists and professionals
within our community get to know each other; get together;
exchange views, ideas and information related to business,
commerce, industry, profession and trade; pool their
resources; and join hands with each other in marching
forward in keeping with the objectives for which it
has been formed.
Rapid developments are taking place
all around the world and preparations are being made
to enter into the twenty first century. The pace has
to be kept with the past developments taking place and
this cannot be possible if each and every individual
works in isolation.
We can keep up pace with the time if
we forge unity and move forward in an organized way
as otherwise we shall remain behind panting.
It goes without saying that “united
we stand, divided we fall”. The time has come for us
to get together and meet challenges of the times.